This 67 page product is loaded with printables, graphic organizers, writing responses, and comprehension strategy activities aligned with the CCSS for Literature and Informational Text. These activities are ready to be used with ANY fiction or nonfiction text and can be used many times throughout the year. This reading comprehension pack includes tons of kid-friendly graphic organizers and posters for reading strategies that you use every day. They are great to put at literacy stations after being taught whole group, at small group guided reading time, and in writing to help organize ideas. Here's what is included:
Reading comprehension posters with journal starters for the following skills:
1. Make a prediction
2. Ask a question
3. Clarify something
4. Make a comment
5. Make a connection
6. Make an inference
Before, during, and after reading strategy posters
Organizers for the following skills:
1. Predictions and inferences
2. Character traits
3. Story sequence
4. Fact and opinion
5. Story summary- beginning, middle, end
6. Story Map-characters, setting, problem, solution, theme
7. Retelling- somebody, wanted, so, but, then organizer (with examples)
8. Venn diagram
9. Cause and effect
10. Problem and solution
11. Text features
Non-fiction reading makes up a large part of the new Common Core Balanced Literacy lessons. It is essential that our students can recognize and understand text features. This packet also contains colorful posters to teach 22 non-fiction text features to teach informational text!
They are broken up into four categories: print features, illustrations, organizational aids, and graphic aids.
1. Print features: table of contents, index, glossary, pronunciation guide, and appendix
2. Illustrations: photos, illustrations, and magnification
3. Organizational aids: bold print, bullets, titles, headings, subheadings, captions, labels, and sidebars4. Graphic aids: diagrams, graphs, maps, charts, tables, and timelines
Common Core Bundle: Reading Strategies Printables & Graphic Organizers
Click here to download this item from my Teacher's Notebook store for $9.00.
Maniac Monday Freebie
Once again I am linking up with Maniac Mondays at Classroom Freebies. My freebie this week is 22 pages of my Common Core Bundle: Reading Strategies Printables & Graphic Organizers. Click on the pictures below to download this freebie. I would LOVE comments or feedback!