Thursday, December 20, 2012

Idioms Unit

This is a unit on idioms that I did with my third grade class for American Education Week. It is 20 pages, but I will briefly explain them below.
Page 1- What is an idiom? Literal and figurative meaning.
Page 2- A silly story with idioms throughout to being the lesson.
Page 3- Teacher directed worksheet
Pages 4-13- Student made pictures of the literal meaning of idioms. I also included the figurative meaning and a sentence. I cut these apart and laminated. It was a great matching activity.
Pages 14-16- An example and activity where children choose an idiom and illustrate the figurative and literal meaning.
Pages 17-18- Students match idioms to pictures with the literal meaning.
Pages 19-20- Students write a story using idioms.


Purchase this unit for $4.00 from my TpT store.

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...